LINCOLNSHIRE LADIES COUNTY GOLF ASSOCIATION
HANDICAP LEAGUE RULES 2017 (Amended November 2016)
- Four ball matches only.
- Eight players in each team.
- All matches to start from the first tee and to be played over 18 holes. Matches to be played to a natural conclusion i.e. 3&2 etc.
- In each Division teams will play both home and away matches within the year. The home team will offer a minimum of 3 dates for every match to include both weekday and weekend dates.
- To be played of handicap (maximum 24). Any player over 24 handicap must play off 24.
- A Captain must play the lowest handicap team available at the time of team selection. The teams must play in handicap order, selected by playing handicap. In the event of several players having the same handicap, exact handicaps are to be used to differentiate players. If two or more players have the same exact handicap, then it is the captain’s choice of who plays in the team and which order they play in.
- Matches to be played off a 90% difference of playing handicap.
- At the beginning of each season any member belonging to more than one affiliated club may play for either club in the scratch or handicap league, but she must stay with that club for the year in that particular league.
- Clubs entering two teams:The teams shall be designated (A) and (B). Only players ranked 9th or lower (e.g. 9th, 10th, 11th etc) by exact handicap order on the date of the match are eligible to play for the (B) team. In the case of a dispute, The County League Secretary may request a Master Handicap list for that date .Therefore it is essential that the Captain retain a copy of the list showing the exact handicaps of the (B) team played on the day.
- If for any reasons a team cannot field 8 players, rule 6 must apply. If players are missing or late they must still play in handicap order, moving down the order of play until the missing player arrives. The game in which the player is missing plays last against original opponents, if necessary one player playing two players. However if a missing player arrives after her team member has teed off she can join in the match at the next or subsequent hole. If both players have still not arrived 10mins after the rest of the team have teed off then the game is deemed forfeit and will be entered on the score sheet as a 10/8 loss. This also applies if a player or pair is disqualified. Rule 30-3a applies.
- Home Club (the Captain) to be responsible for sending the results, on official result sheets, as soon as possible to: -
League Secretary: Mrs Polly Brettle 4 Somerby Green, Somerby, Barnetby, N Lincs, DN38 6TX
e-mail – lIncsleaguesec@yahoo.com.This should include the Captains name, address and telephone number and specify whether this is the (A) or (B) team, if the club has two teams. The Result sheets to show venue, date, and name of all the players together with their playing handicaps or exact handicaps in the case of players having the same playing handicaps and the exact result, i.e. 7 and 6, 2 up etc.
- Points will be awarded for each match as follows: 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw. In a conceded match winners will receive 2 points, the loser 0 points. No count back of games or holes from the conceded match.
In a conceded game the winners will be awarded the conceded remaining holes.
- Matches to be played by August 13th 2017.
In the event of an arranged match being called off prior to play starting the teams should rearrange the date. If after three attempts have failed because of inclement weather or repeated course closure, the two team captains may ask for the match to be halved and one point awarded to each team. This will be at the discretion of the County League Secretary.
In the event of a match being halted once started due to inclement weather and the course being closed, teams should attempt to re-arrange as above.
- The Divisional Winners will be determined by the team with the most points. In the event of a tie on points the winner will be determined in order by:-
a) Individual games won
b) Holes won
c) League Committee
- The winning club of Division 1 North will play the winning club of Division 1 South on a neutral course for the title Lincolnshire Ladies League champions. A club must field their lowest exact handicap eight players available on the day (subject to Rule 9) In the event of a tie, the first pair of each team will play a sudden death playoff from the first hole to determine the winner. Strokes will be applicable.
Clubs must not ask for the courtesy of the course hosting the final.
- The use of motorised buggies will only be allowed on production of a current medical certificate. The riding on or carrying of clubs is not permitted for any non-exempt player.
- Distance Measuring Devices may now be used in County League matches.
- Any club wishing to enter or withdraw from the league for the following year must do so IN WRITING BY 31ST JULY.
- The League Sub Committee shall consist of the County Captain, County Vice Captain, Immediate Past Captain, League Secretary, Secretary (ex officio) and Representatives from each of the County Divisions currently serving on the Executive Committee to include both Silver and Bronze Reps.