LINCOLNSHIRE LADIES COUNTY GOLF ASSOCIATION
SCRATCH LEAGUE RULES (Amended November 2016)
- At the beginning of each season any member belonging to more than one affiliated club may play for either club in the scratch or handicap league, but she must stay with that club for the year in that particular league.
- Captains must exchange their completed team sheets on arrival at the club.
- Three singles matches only.A player up to 5 handicap, 6-10 and 11-15 handicap. If a team is unable to field a player within these catagories then they may substitute as they wish but must still play off scratch. All matches to start from the first tee.
- Matches to be played to a natural conclusion i.e. 3&2 etc.
- Teams will play both home and away matches within the year. If possible, the home teams should offer at least one weekend date to the away team when arranging the matches.
- Points will be awarded for each match as follows: 2 points for a win, 1point for a draw. In a conceded match winners will receive 2 points, the loser 0 points. No count back of games or holes from the conceded match.
In a conceded game the winners will be awarded the conceded remaining holes.
- Home Club (The Captain) to be responsible for sending the results, on official match sheets, as soon as possible to the League Secretary:
Mrs.Polly Brettle 4 Somerby Green, Somerby, Barnetby, N Lincs DN38 6TX
Tel: 01652 628225
- This should include the Captain's name, address and telephone number. Results sheets to show venue, date, names of all players together with the results of each match.
- In order to determine the winner or in the event of a tie: when all matches have been played, the total points won determines the winner. If a tie then a count back on individual matches won. If there is still a tie, count back on holes won. If there is still a tie a play-off on a neutral course will be arranged.
- Matches to be played by August 10th 2017. Permission may be requested for a new date if matches have to be cancelled due to inclement weather. In the event of a match being halted once started teams should rearrange. If this is not possible a halved match will be awarded.
- The winning club from the North will play the winning club from the South on a neutral course for the title Lincolnshire Ladies Scratch Champions. In the event of a tie the first pair play sudden death to determine the winner.
- The use of motorised buggies will only be allowed on production of a current medical certificate. The riding on or carrying of clubs is not permitted for any non exempt player.
- Distance Measuring Devices may now be used in County matches
- Any infringement of the League Rules may result in the loss of the match.
- Any club wishing to enter or withdraw from the League for the following year must do so IN WRITING by 31st July 2017.
- The League Sub Committee shall consist of the County Captain, County Vice Captain, Immediate Past Captain, League Secretary, Secretary (Ex Officio) and a Representative from each of the County Divisions currently serving on the Executive Committee.